April 4, 2018, marked 50 years since Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s departure. The Martin Luther King, Jr. Jubilee Summit was held to draw on the collective experiences of more than a dozen national and local organizations and individuals to answer Dr. King, Jr.’s question: Where do we go from here?
The summit consisted of the following webinars:
- “Does Martin Luther King, Jr. have a living legacy, and if so, where is economic justice?” Dr. Virgil A. Wood (Co-founder, Jubilee National Collaborative) and Dr. Howard H. Stevenson (Professor Emeritus, Harvard Business School), Recording of webinar held on March 23, 2018.
- “GPS for Total Success” by Dr. Owen Cardwell (Founding Pastor, New Canaan International Church, Richmond) and “Empowering People in Communities” by Dr. Ryan Hulbert (Founder, EPIC – Empowering People in Communities). Recording of Webinar held on March 26, 2018.
- “Learning for Ownership.” Dr. Margaret Ford Fisher (President, Houston Online Community College). Recording of Webinar held on March 27, 2018.
- “Resilience For Youth.” Christian Moore (Founder, WhyTry). Recording of Webinar held on March 27, 2018.
- “Income Inequality in the US.” Dr. Robin C. Sickles (Professor, Rice University). Webinar held on March 28, 2018.
- “Pathway to Binary Economics” by Dr. Ralph P. Hall (Associate Professor, Virginia Tech) and “Inclusive Capitalism: The Ownership-Broadening Road to Shared-Prosperity and Sustainable Growth” by Dr. Robert Ashford (Distinguished Professor, Syracuse University). Recording of Webinar held on March 28, 2018.
- “Beloved Community/Beloved Economy.” Dr. Virgil A. Wood and Dr. Gregory Bailey(Founder, Greg T. Bailey & Associates). Recording of Webinar held on April 2, 2018.
- “Equity, Justice, and Advancing the Human Condition: The Urgency of Our Time.” Dr. Sylvester Johnson (Professor and Director of the Center for the Humanities, Virginia Tech). Recording of Webinar held on April 2, 2018.
- “Economic and Social Justice for All in the Age of the Robot.” Dr. Norman Kurland(President, Center for Economic and Social Justice) and Dr. Virgil A. Wood. Recording of Webinar held on April 2, 2018.
- “The 2018 Beloved Community Initiative Essay Contest – Thanks to the Youth of Virginia.” Dr. Virgil A. Wood, Dr. Sylvester Johnson, and Dr. Corey Walker (Vice President, Dean and Professor of Religion and Society, Virginia Union University). Recording of Webinar held on April 4, 2018.
- “The Cornerstone Project: A New Workforce Learning Environment and Shared Investment Model.” Dr. James Jones (Professor, Virginia Tech). Recording of Webinar held on April 5, 2018.
- “Reversing the Jail Trail, Jumpstarting Viable Economies.” Rev. Willie D. Francois III(Senior Pastor, Mount Zion Baptist Church) and Dr. Marlon Smith (Founder and CEO, Black Greeks Speak Social Justice and Human Rights Council). Recording of Webinar held on April 5, 2018.